3/26/2006

a drip poem

a drip poem

1.
from word to word
in each poetic verse
i feel my voice
outstanding as
u can read it

a line of newborn image
tasting it on my tongue
there's nothing better than

spilling my soul onto the blank page

2.

its like water
capturing the pain
let it drown
so i could swim upon the frozen river
yet i pull myself onto the grass
dry my faith under the sun

oh i look at the pink sky
oh i see u
i'm feeling ur thoughts tickling my skin

and somehow u took my hand and we ran away

3.
u said love is on the road
i said my beating heart's in the rain
writing a poem on the wet ground
as dew makes the silent african music

oh u can hear it my love
i knew u would
feeling my soul in ur gorgeous hands
while i spoke to u like a
a drip poem
a soft drip poem

making u feel my tears my blood my veins
making u sink into my poetry heart
as i travel through ur inner being
~
Copyright ©2006 kai croft


No comments: