8/06/2006

Diamond raindrops

Diamond raindrops

I saw
Diamond raindrops
On my window
As my heart
Traces the grey clouds
Beneath the sky
Soaking away
Very wet
But I stay dry
& think of u
In a spirit of light
I knew the presence
Of ur hands
They hold mine
In hands cupped
& finger lace
But why?
Those diamond raindrops
Speak of themselves
Splashing
Pouring
All over my complexion
Indeed
I knew them
They are stars
Little Shooting stars
Oh I guess
I’m wishing u were here
With me in the rain
So we could look after
A rainbow
& sunshine
Maybe
We can dance
Or standing upon
The  tree shadow
& rubbing our nose
With a kiss
While it rain on us
~

©2006 kai croft


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very wistful.

Kai said...

thanks

starry said...

Just beautiful.I can picture u dancing in the rain.

Pat Paulk said...

I love "Diamond Raindrops"!!

shanna said...

I love your poetry Kai...Kai means ocean in Hawaiian

aloha
shanna