3/16/2007

my chills


my chills

ran down to my little ashy toes

I’m kind of cold

but I felt warm

its only me

when I get my chills running up

my spine, I shiver

especially I came out of the bathtub

or a pool the cold droplets of water lingers

every curve of my body

for about oh a long second of 5 minutes

I don’t know

though I dried up in the sun or under the warm blanket

still I keep shaking

my chills

a sign of trouble a signal of love

even nervous breakdowns

sometimes when I get my chills , I cry

& yet I never laugh

through every fear I took

my chills comes & take the power all over me

like majesty queens

but I show them chills

who’s boss & suddenly

I found the strong compassionate butterfly poet soldier

In me

~



9 comments:

Rethabile said...

Ooooh. That's nice. Brrrr. I like the music, the repetition you use to good effect, and some of the lines which really remain. Bravo...

Kai said...

thank you rethabile

Anonymous said...

Awww, Kai, this is sweet. My favourite part is this: "& suddenly I found the strong compassionate butterfly poet soldier In me".

EATING POETRY said...

amazing, how every experience good or bad is worth it if we find the words to express it in a poem.

Kai said...

thank you guys!
ep- that is so true!hope u are doing welll

Margie said...

This is wonderful. Kai!
Just wonderful!

Kai said...

thank you margie

Margie said...

Got your message...
I gave Jake a big pet from you!
Kai, have lots and lots of fun at the dance...
I know you'll have a wonderful time!
Tell me all about it later...ok!

I'm taking Jake for a walk now!

Hugs back to you, Sweetie!

polona said...

wow! love it, kai!
((hugs))