Boldness
You know
I can talk to you
Anyway I want
Cos you do the same thing to me….
But you don’t like how
I stand up for myself….
As a black person….
As a black woman
As a human…..
Don’t say disabilities is my definition…
I’m a human…
Why?
You don’t like my boldness….
Why are you goin to lynch me?
Or shoot me?
Then keep it a secret?
You know the usual cover up?
Just like the rest of my people
You killed…
There’s no peace in that….
you try to get away with
Consequences but chile
Oh chile,
You have no way to block
Karma…she’s comin
And she will never rest…
She’s so clockwork….
Cos my boldness
Is remindin me of
How treat people the same way
I wanna be treated…respect….
However,
Black people
Told other black people
to treat white folks
The same way they treated them…
If they bully my people should
Bully right back…
If they kill your loved ones
They should do the same
Eye for an Eye….
Yet too many black people
Never have the mindset….
They never do….
They’re still kind and
Lovin…they’re still
Forgivin cos of god….
They fear of being
A dangerous negro
Cos that mean
Sacrifice
Risk takin
Honestly
I don’t see bravery
Sustainable enough in
Our melaninated bones….
We have that boldness
Like Malcolm X
Like Fred Hampton
Like all kinds of pro black activists
Who ain’t afraid of
The white man….
Who ain’t afraid of death
Cos our ancestors passed away
For us to live a better life
For our freedom
And we’re still fightin…
So ya
I’m afraid of
Death
But death doesn’t stop
The truth…
Makin a prime example of
Us as a humiliation ritual
Doesn’t stop the facts…
You can make me apologize
You can make me quiet
You can make me cry
Though
The realness
Is still in our faces
Somebody else
Would have the boldness too….
Somebody else
Would have a word of it…
It could be more braver
More riskier
They will talk to you
Anyhow
They will challenge you
And again
You may murder
Murder the family member
Fucked up the movement
And still message spreads
Across the world
Virally….
You can be mad if you want to
The world is goin to turn tables
Real soon…💯✊🏿©️Kai C. 8-29-26
No comments:
Post a Comment