1/19/2009

inauguration

inauguration


obama is coming

he comes

and he comes


we will cry

we will shout

we will thank God with joy

and now we will pray


chanting, "yes we can"

i said "proud to be a beautiful American"

cos there is hope in my soul

that my country, my people will be fresh and new


with Obama, i have faith

he would change the world

and learn from mistakes and great things

as we join him and his beautiful family


on an inauguration day


"welcome to The White House!

welcome to your new home!"

~


6 comments:

Devika Jyothi said...

All my wishes, Kai

For Obama...may all Americans extend him all support to make his dream for change a possibility...

I just love you for the joy you hold and pass on through your poetry, dear...


love you, so
devika

Margie said...

Beautiful!
Thank you, Kai!

Margie

Kai said...

thank you

Yes said...

Amen, amen...! I've been crying for joy, and will keep on all through Inauguration Day tomorrow! This truly does give me hope. It feels like the world has turned a corner into the sunlight...
You express this in a beautiful way.

Kai said...

thanks, i'm so exciting

krystyna said...

There is hope in my soul too Kai.

Love and hugsss