4/15/2017

A tree to a black body

A tree to a black body,
A tree told a black body,
I'm sorry...I'm sorry for hangin you
As your feet swings back and forth...
You can't breathe, your heart gave its last beat...
I'm sorry...I could of break my limbs,
Or crack my trunk...but I was too strong to crumble...
I didn't know what the white faces are smilin about,
They're supposed to be sad...not celebratin, but
To mourn your soul...I didn't know death  could be
A party...I didn't know your bones could be a gift
In the gift shop....America hasn't say a word, I knew
The truth....America doesn't like black bodies so they noose
Them tightly...the rope wrapped their necks and dangle side
To side...it's not funny...and I'm sorry so sorry the white sheets used
Me to hang you, like a clothin...with blood drippin all over the place...
Dehumanizin a soul that has fought for freedom...
A tree to a black body,
A tree thinks black is beautiful...
A tree believe it feels like a cross where Jesus has died....
For every different kind of tree
Keep apologizin for every black body
That has lived, that has exhaled, that has worked..
That has a LIFE....
A tree to a black body,
A tree said to a black body
White faces, white sheets put me up for this...
They put me on the spot..
And now I carry the guilt for centuries..
I regret,
You don't deserve this torture..
You don't deserve this shame..
A tree realized that blackness created love and harmony
Why pain, why scars? The evidence that the tree has...
How much sorries does it take, how many eulogies left?
A tree to a black body,
A tree tells a black body...
I have tears but can't shed...
Can't show sorrow..
Can't move to wrap my limbs around you
Healin the scratches they whoop you in...
I only stand watchin you die,
I wish I could peel my roots off the grass and ran away
Savin your life from the wicked people...
Cos lynchin isn't cool...
A tree to a black body
A tree is the saddest tree ever
Committin homicides by Jim Crow....
Crimes and heartaches....

This is what America has known for...💔

© Kai C. 2-27-17

No comments: